February 6, 2013

Clean and Simple Card Making 2 - Day 7



This is my card from Day 7 of Clean and Simple Card Making 2.  The topic was one layer cards and i used a technique taught by Kristina. Honestly this is a bit outside of my comfort zone, but I had fun it and learned something as well.  I learned that you can mask without masking paper but it isn't easy and that a button can go a long way in hiding a blemish. 






All supplies from Papertrey Ink unless otherwise mentioned:


Cardstock:  White

Stamps: Background Basics Circles & Herringbone, A Little Argyle
Background Basics (The Alley Ways Stamps)
Ink:  Winter Wisteria
Dies: Block Alphabet
other: purple Smooch Spritz, button, twine

15 comments :

Kim Heggins said...

Ok, you are one busy lady! This is amazing, I did not even attempt to make this one, but your card is so fun. Love your button too, beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

This sweet lavender creation gave me a smile Tracey! And yes the buttons, the bling, the doodads hind many many boo boos!!

Mary Pat Siehl said...

sooo pretty- love the color

Joyce said...

This is pretty. I would never guess that there was a boo boo under that button. It is perfectly placed. I think that the spraying gives this card such a soft feeling.

Anonymous said...

This is very cool, Tracey. I'm wishing I would have joined the class to learn some of these fun techniques. I guess I could go in after the fact and register, but I don't know when I would find the time to check everything out! You did a great job on this card. And I like the button. ;-) Very clever you if you used it to hide a blemish, but it looks great right there!

Michelle said...

Nice! Great position to put your mistake, the button fits perfectly! ;-) I have no masking paper either, but you have demonstrated that it is not needed!

Marybeth said...

Buttons are great for that! Love this color and your card, how pretty this turned out!

Alanna said...

Oh WOW, this is fabulous. What a great technique.

DIANA L. said...

Very pretty Great color.
Very CAS-- Goal accomplished

Michelle said...

Pretty cool! Wish I joined in on the fun! Keep them coming, Tracey!

Karen B. said...

Fantastic job with all that masking.

Kelly Griglione said...

WOW Tracey! This turned out amazingly well! So cool that you went ahead and tried it. I bet you sure had a "smile" on your face when it was done (button and all!)

Janet's Joy said...

I wish I were as organized as you so I could accomplish what you do!! Great card!!

Jean said...

Isn't that what buttons are made for ;)? Love your color choice ~ fun card.

Jill Norwood said...

Yeah for buttons! I don't see a blemish anywhere in site! Love the card!