June 8, 2013

Muse #20





Sharing a card for this week's Muse challenge.  Hard to believe that it is challenge #20!
This week's Muse is Laurie Willison.  Whenever I see one of Laurie's card I wish that I had created one just like it or this.




The toughest thing for me to overcome when she is the Muse is to NOT make my card exactly the way that she did.  To stop myself from downright copying her, but I could never make a bow as perfect as she does. LOL  So how did I make it my own? Well it wasn't easy.  I loved the design, the colours, the scoring and the bow.  Desperately wanting the hot weather to arrive I decided that I wanted to create my card with the same colours but more vibrant and summery.  So I created a one layer card using Hawaiian Shores for my base, I stuck to colours only, no white.  I made a trio of sunshine rather than medallions and I used grosgrain instead of saddle stitch ribbon. 





Cardstock:  Hawaiian Shore, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink)
Stamps: Flippin' Out (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: True Black (Papertrey Ink)
Dies: sunshine (Lil' Inkers)
other: Orange Zest grosgrain Ribbon, Scoring tool

17 comments :

sandie said...

fabulous take on Lauire's card-your ribbon is pretty much perfect!

Happy Dance said...

Love your take on Laurie's card. It really does feel like summer! Very fun and very vibrant. Great card! :) Bev

Lynn said...

Love how happy this card is. The suns make me think I need these Lil Inkers dies!

Anonymous said...

Oh this does look as though summer's finally arrived, Tracey ... what a fantastic take on Laurie's card ... love that you used the coloured base, the suns really pop against it! Anita :)

Kristie Goulet said...

LOVE this fun summer card! Those sun dies are moving to the top of my wish list!

Alanna said...

This is darling Tracey.

Lesley said...

Love this happy, summery card Tracey! The colours are fabulous!

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous card Tracey...love your take on Laurie's card. So bright and fun!

Joyce said...

This is so bright, fun and summery. What a great take on Laurie's card. You truly made it your own.

Ardyth said...

This is a great interpretation of this week's muse - love the dimension added by the suns. Thanks for playing along!

Lisa Elton said...

Your orange bow is fabulous Tracey and I like the popped up sunshine!!

Marybeth said...

Wonderful muse Tracey! I do the same when I see a card you made…. wish I made it just like you!

Geri said...

Sweet summer card, Tracey!

Janet's Joy said...

Great summery colours!

Karen M said...

I love your gorgeous card xx

wienerhoneymooners said...

That die is truly adorble... And you know I have it.. Have not played with it yet. You have inspired me!

Christina said...

Love this color combo and how you left out the white to make it more vibrant. The sunshine die is so cute!